EXCLUSIVE OFFER! STILL A FEW AVAILABLE DATES LEFT.
BOOK BEFORE 30 JUNE 2019. FREE NIGHT!
6 NIGHTS FOR PRICE OF 5. ONLY £595pp
· Includes Express Shuttle to and from Milan/Malpensa airport to Lugano plus collection and chauffeur transfer to and from Villa Isella for the group.
· chauffeured to and from en plein air painting locations around Lake Como, Lake Lugano and Lake Piano.
· 9:30 to 4pm.ish painting trips each day (variable locations, based on preference). Each location has restaurants and bars in very close proximity.
· Guests will be accommodated in the beautiful “Cherub apartment” at Villa Isella.
· Ingredients will be provided for a delicious Continental breakfast throughout your stay along with a thoughtfully stocked drinks tray – any other requirements can be met at the local supermarket to which lifts can be provided.
· After a day of painting you can put your feet up and really unwind in good company in beautiful grounds and take a dip in the pool, (subject to season) knowing that your dinner also included in the price, will be specially prepared for you, at the fantastic family run restaurant, La Rotonda – Highly recommended!
From the nearby port of Menaggio (Lake Como) we will take one of the many ferry boats to Bellagio and Varenna or the beautiful city of Como. We may, subject to your preference, visit some of the many famous villas and gardens to sketch and paint.
On the shores of Lake Lugano, I will take you to beautiful little villages, Osteno and Valsolda, relatively unknown but so good for painting.
The lovely Lake of Piano, which Villa Isella overlooks, is a magical place to paint and a great ristorante for lunch.
I am sure you will enjoy sketching and painting here plus savour the delights of the Italian caffe culture, together with the fine Italian cuisine throughout your stay.
Come and join me!
STILL A FEW DATES AVAILABLE IN JUNE UNTIL MID OCTOBER 2019.
Non painting guests welcome.
Cherub is a beautifully appointed apartment situated in the magnificently renovated historic Villa Isella, once the home of Count Borromeo.
It dates back to the 1600's and it set in a beautiful landscaped hillside park of 6000sq m with a swimming pool and chapel.
The Villa lies in the foothills of the southern Italian Alps, between Lake Como and Lake Lugano, overlooking Lake Piano, perfectly situated for all the stunning art locations we will visit.
La Rotonda, the family run ristorante, is only a 5 minute lovely walk away ~ an ideal evening dining venue. All other amenities are within a kilometer, banks, supermarkets, shops, caffe bars, ice cream and more ristoranti etc.
Luxurious ground floor front apartment with arched entrance and own private garden within the Parkland of Villa Isella. A beautifully appointed cosy vaulted ceiling sitting area with pellet fire, TV (English channels and Italian) DVD and CD player, together with Wifi. Dining area for up to 6 people with doors leading to the private garden with a barbecue, table and chairs, perfect for having breakfast al fresco. The fully fitted kitchen has everything you will need. A double bedroom with a window overlooking the garden, a further tastefully furnished twin bedded room and a master shower room.
My name is Vivien Hindle and I look forward to welcoming you plus taking you to magical, stunning art locations, in the Como region.
Having lived in Italy for 15 years I have a passion for painting outdoors to capture freshness and atmosphere and particularly enjoy painting a scene with buildings or some architectural element, using light with dark juicy shadows.
To have a sense of the surroundings, creates the mood for my picture, hearing the background sounds, laughter, clinking of glasses and chatter in a nearby restaurant, water lapping on the shoreline, children playing, all adds to telling the story.
Watercolour can be unforgiving at times, no second chance as they say but it is a medium that never fails to delight, watching the magic happen when pigment meets water and things go as you'd planned.
Yes, painting outside, ("en plein air" the posh word!) is the way to go for me. Give me the warmth of the sun on my back and the happy sounds of folk in the sunshine - Perfetto
N.B. I am not an art tutor but have attended art courses and happy to offer guidance. I enjoy sketching & painting in this magical area of Italy - why not join me!
5 nights stay £595 per person.
. MIN 2 - MAX 4 GUESTS.
Ingredients for a delicious Continental breakfast provided throughout your stay.
Dinner is also included and will be specially prepared for you at La Rotonda each evening.
A pasta starter.
1/4 Lt of Wine.
Longer stays can be negotiated.
To secure a booking, a non refundable deposit of £100 per person is requested and the balance to be paid 6 weeks before the arrival date.
· Any lake/ferry crossings and entrance fees to famous villas and gardens entirely depending on where you want to paint that day.
· Lunch and drinks together with drinks from the honesty bar are extra.
· Guests will have to book their own flights and travel insurance.
· Should you wish to experience an amazing Italian cookery day with Chef Moreno in his mountain ristorante, above Lake Como: http://www.ilcaminettoonline.com/english.html
· Or maybe a round of Golf at the famous Menaggio Club: http://www.menaggio.it/
Hire a speed boat on Lake Como.
A trip to St. Moritz on a little red train, The Bernina Express and return via the Majola Pass by coach. An amazing day out.
- Any of which I am happy to arrange for you.
Portable folding chairs, A3 Art boards and sun/rain umbrellas are provided.
Just bring your own art materials.
Happy to suggest a list of painting materials for newcomers.